Bed & Breakfast Blauwschaap
As a guest of our B&B Blauwschaap in Giethoorn, you are supposed to have read and accepted these General Terms and Conditions. By making a reservation of by booking a room, these General Terms and Conditions apply.
1. Who, where and what
- The owner of the B&B Blauwschaap in Giethoorn is Ulrike (Uli) Steppen.
- Uli Steppen manages the Bed & Breakfast with her partner Olen Holz.
- Address (also for navigation purposes) and contact details:
Beulakerweg 75 – 8355 AC Giethoorn (Overijssel, Niederlande)
The above-mentioned website has been set up with utmost care. However, the textual and/or visual content of the website might be slightly different from the actual situation of B&B Blauwschaap at the time of the stay.
No legal claims can be made based on those differences.
- The main guest of B&B Blauwschaap (the person booking the room) should be at least 18 years old and have a permanent residence. The main guest is responsible for any fellow traveller staying in the same room.
- Each of the two guestrooms has its own bathroom and can accommodate 2 persons max. (eventually including one with reduced mobility). Pets are not allowed.
- Upon arrival, the guests will find the beds made and a set of fresh towels per person is ready for use.
2. Reservation, booking and confirmation
- Based on the availability, the rooms can be reserved and/or booked by phone (+31-(0)652172276), in writing by using the website tool on www.blauwschaap.com or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- The prices indicated online are valid per room per night and include VAT, tourist tax (per person per night) and breakfast. Prices for longer stays or special conditions can be discussed. The prices may vary according to holidays etc.
- The availability of the rooms can be checked on the website (subject to correction).
- Once you send a reservation request to B&B Blauwschaap, we will confirm the availability by e-mail in return.
- If, thereafter, you confirm your reservation within 48 hours, the room is considered to have been definitively booked. You will receive a booking confirmation by e-mail. This means that the booking is now valid for both parties involved.
3. Payment and cancellation policy
- Within 5 days of the booking date, you should deposit 50% of the total costs for your stay. The amount can be transferred to the following bank account: NL51ASNB0943064023 (IBAN), account holder: Uli Steppen.
- Depending on the arrival date, the managers of the B&B can also determine a special term for the deposit.
- The remaining amount has to be paid cash upon arrival or transferred the day before the arrival date or upon arrival.
- If you have to cancel your stay due to sudden circumstances or due to other compelling reasons, please let us know as soon as possible in writing. We will then stick to the following guidelines:
- Cancellation until 7 days before the arrival date: free of costs. Your deposit will be completely refunded.
- Cancellation within the last week before the arrival date until one day before the arrival date: 50% of the costs for the stay are due. That means that your deposit will be not be refunded.
- Cancellation on the arrival date: 100% of the costs for the stay are due. Please understand that we cannot rent out the room anymore in that case.
- In case of a cancellation, the agreed amount will be refunded as soon as possible, at the latest within 7 days.
- No refunds are possible in case of a premature departure. The cancellation costs are also due if you do not arrive on the planned date at all (no-show).
- We recommend our guests to take out a travel cancellation insurance.
- The B&B Blauwschaap may cancel the booking under exceptional circumstances such as force majeure, natural disasters, extreme climatic conditions, fire, illness or death of the owner(s) or their family or an unforeseen sale of the property. In that case, the managers or their representatives inform the guests as soon as possible, potentially offering them an alternative and/or refunding the deposits which the guests might have left already.
4. Check-in and check-out
- Check-in (arrival date): from 3:30 pm, or earlier if agreed.
- If needed and agreed upon, guests may also arrive earlier to store their luggage, leave their car or bikes on the premises.
- On demand, it is also possible to arrange for a contactless check-in in order to obey to sanitary measures (the key and basic instructions can then be retrieved from a safe depository).
- Check-out (departure date): 11:00 am at the latest.
- The main guest receives a key for the front door (reserved for guests) and a key for the guestroom. Guests can enter and leave the house at their own discretion. We will not ask for a security deposit for the keys. However, any lost key incurs replacement costs.
- The prices indicated on the website are valid for the overnight stay including breakfast.
- On demand, we also rent the rooms excluding breakfast.
- Breakfast served from 8:00 - 10:00 am.
- Different breakfast times can be discussed (for example for cycle tourists who prefer to leave early in the morning).
- It is possible that the managers of B&B Blauwschaap invite the guests to enjoy their breakfast at the restaurant “De Dames van de Jonge” in the same street (a 3 minutes' walk), especially on working days and/or under special circumstances.
6. Sanitary measures and house rules
We take care of the following:
- We clean the rooms regularly and thoroughly and disinfect any contact surfaces to avoid virus infection risks
- We respect the sanitary measures and all guidelines of the local health authorities
- We do not shake hands and allow for a social distance of 1.5 m
- We provide hand disinfectants and masks in the hall
- Apply common sense
What you can take care of as a guest:
- Keep the proper distance (1.5 m) and leave enough space for others
- When using the terrace/garden, also show consideration for others
- Ventilate the room (completely open the window with the mosquito screen for 10 minutes in the morning and leave it in tilted mode at the end of your stay)
- If you suffer from any symptoms of illness (fever, cough, cold etc.), cancel or interrupt your stay
- When leaving the room at the end of your stay, leave the keys in the guestroom door
- Apply common sense
A couple of house rules:
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking inside is not allowed
- Smoking outside only after consultation with the managers
- Third persons’ visits are not allowed
- Music should not be too loud (and not after 10:00 pm)
- Parking: only on our own premises and the indicated parking spaces (do not park at the roadside, on the grass strip or on the adjacent grassland)
- Handle all devices and the accommodation with care
7. Security and environment
- The guestrooms and the bathrooms must be kept clean, tidy and in good condition.
- Vehicles should be parked in a safe manner on our premises.
- Keep in mind that waste should be separated: Empty bottles, glass and paper can be handed over to the managers. Green waste can be disposed of in the green container behind the house.
- Due to fire protection, smoking and open fire are forbidden in and around the house.
- A first-aid kit and a small fire-extinguishing agent can be found in the hall.
- The info folder in your room contains a list of useful phone numbers and addresses for emergencies.
- B&B Blauwschaap is not responsible for damages in the rooms caused by guests or third persons during their stay.
- B&B Blauwschaap shall not be liable for any loss, theft, personal or material damage of any kind or accidents which occur during your stay or are related to your stay in the respective room of our B&B Blauwschaap.
- In case the guests break or damage something in the accommodation, they should notify the managers immediately. Guests shall bear the eventually incurred repair and/or replacement costs.
- In case the guests lose the key for the front door or the guestroom door, they shall bear the costs for replacing the key(s).
9. Privacy statement and GDPR
- As owners of B&B Blauwschaap, we use a booking system on our website (www.blauwschaap.com) with state-of-the-art security measures. As a guideline, we use the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Hence, we take the protection of personal data submitted by our guests very seriously.
- Examples of personal data which is being collected from the guests: Name, address, postal code, physical address, phone number and e-mail address.
- This personal information is necessary to provide the services requested. The guests transmit these data knowingly in order to reserve/book the accommodation(s) or to request any relevant information. B&B Blauwschaap needs these data in order to communicate with the guest, carry out the booking, create invoices and the statutory register of the overnight stays for the calculation of the tourist tax and for bookkeeping purposes.
- During the check-in, the managers of B&B Blauwschaap may ask the guests to submit or present a proof of identity. However, no data of this ID document will be saved or copied.
- The personal data will be saved according to the legally required period, kept in the accounting system of B&B Blauwschaap and deleted at the end of the abovementioned period. The personal data will only be transferred to third parties if this is required by laws and regulations or requested from relevant authorities.
10. Final clauses
- These General Terms and Conditions shall be governed exclusively by Dutch law as long as they are not in conflict with the provisions of international private law. Guests who do not understand Dutch, shall be deemed to agree to these General Terms and Conditions by booking the accommodation (the Dutch version of the General Terms and Conditions is binding.
- Any legal dispute shall in the first instance be submitted solely to the competent Dutch court.